You can already look forward to the delicious menu before your start: The cozy Lyfi mountain hut awaits you with homemade yoghurt with strawberries and traditional dishes from Val Venosta after an ascent of 1300 meters in altitude on beautiful gravel paths and asphalt road. Start at Val Martello’s Trattla sports and leisure center with the culturamartell visitor center and take the road through the wonderful berry valley. Turn right after 300m to reach Martello’s valley path which takes you along the Plima river. The first 400 meters in altitude take you along the babbling river and some strawberry fields in the partially already narrower valley. Having passed Café Hölderle and Restaurant Hotel Waldheim you reach the Romanesque chapel of Santa Maria alla Fonderia.
Continue on the road that has become famous due to Giro d’Italia 2014 with some turns and straight road sections through a wonderful landscape characterized by hay barns, lush meadows and berry fields. Pass by the summer and winter biathlon center until you reach the mighty dam wall. Push your bike across the 83m-high dam wall of Lake Gioveretto and continue along the lake shore. Then you take the asphalt road again to proceed with the last 450 meters in altitude. After a few turns turn right in the left-hand turn with wonderful mountain panorama before the parking in Alta Val Martello and take the forest road towards the Lyfi mountain hut. You reach your worthwhile destination after a few short ups and downs.
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.