Starting in San Candido/Innichen you cycle along the Pustertal Valley Cycle Trail to Dobbiaco/Toblach. After crossing the village Dobbiaco you follow the direction of "Costa dei Nosellari/Haselsberg" (on an asphalt road), passing several mountain farms. Past Feichterhof Guesthouse and the Hotel Schopfenhof (refreshment). You follow the Via Monte San Candido/Innichbergstraße way till you reach the Maso Stauder/Stauderhof (refreshment). You cycle on on the Via Monte Versciaco/Vierschachberg way to get to the Restaurant da Kathi/Jaufen (refreshment). Here you follow the way downhill to Prato alla Drava/Winnebach and you return on the Drava Cycle Path to San Candido/Innichen.
Along the round there exits the possibility to interrupt the tour and to ride back to San Candido.
This tour is also suitable for e-bikes.
Getting thereYou can reach Innichen / San Candido easily by train, by bus or by car. Please contact the Tourist Info Innichen / San Candido to get information about timetables and free parking areas.
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.