Marcialonga, one of the most popular cross-country skiing competitions in the world, invites you to try a part of its exciting track.
Distance 16.4 km
The Marcialonga track, a cross-country ski race included in the prestigious Wordloppet circuit, runs along the entire valley floor, flanked by the Avisio stream. As you slide along the track, you can see all the villages of Val di Fiemme which are located on the slopes of Cornon, Pala di Santa and Corno Nero peaks. Halfway through the route, the track crosses the Cross Country Stadium of Lago di Tesero, which has hosted the Nordic Ski World Championships 3 times and which will be one of the "Host Sites" of the MilanoCortina2026 Winter Olympics.
The track has several access points: Molina di Fiemme, Località Cascata (Cavalese Waterfall), the valley station of the Alpe Cermis cable car, Masi di Cavalese, Lago di Tesero, Ziano di Fiemme and Predazzo.
AuthorStaff Outdoor Val di Fiemme
Update: December 22, 2021
Getting thereThe Marcialonga track goes along the SP232 valley road which connects Molina di Fiemme with Predazzo.
ParkingMolina di Fiemme - Località Cascata (Waterfall) - Alpe Cermis cablecar station (near the river) - Masi di Cavalese - Lago di Tesero (Cross Country Stadion) - Ziano di Fiemme - Predazzo.
32T 686698 5126993
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Cross-country ski equipment, sunscreen.
Ski rental at the XC Center in Lago di Tesero.
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross-country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view