This track owes its name to the mountain hut located in the middle of its route, perched on a panoramic and sunny hill.
Distance 8.8 km
For those looking for a slightly longer run, the Malga Costa route offers an excellent challenge. After leaving the first section of the Campiol, the descent and the central part of the Torbiera behind, the skier goes right into the woods reaching a snow-covered hill. On it stands the Malga Costa, a refreshment point and also the turning point of the track. After a short stop to admire the view or a break to taste a typical dish, the long and constant climb begins, which takes you back to the Lavazè plateau, in the final stretch of the Campiol slope.
It is recommended to be careful on the descents because there are sharp curves.
AuthorStaff Outdoor Val di Fiemme
Update: March 15, 2021
Getting thereFrom Cavalese drive first to the village of Varena and then continue util you reach Passo Lavazè. From Predazzo drive first to the village of Tesero.
ParkingSeveral car parks at Passo Lavazè, near the hotels or in the direction of Val d'Ega.
32T 691774 5136533
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Cross-country ski equipment, ticket, sunscreen.
Ski rental at Passo Lavazè
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view