Starting from the centre of the village, we head towards the Parish Church dating back to 1700. From the churchyard you can admire the Benedek Fort, one of the four Austrian castles bearing witness to the area's Risorgimento past.
The Telegrafo Ottico (Optical Telegraph), built by the Austrians in 1865 on the San Martino hill, deserves a visit and a special mention. Then, you can continue uphill towards Forte Nugent, where you can enjoy a view over the green hills.
Coming back to Pastrengo, along a path through the olive groves, we reach Borgo San Zeno with its ancient tower-dovecote dating from the late middle Ages. A little further on, we can see Villa Randina, dating back to the 13th-14th centuries.
Expenditure incurred under funds subject to Regional Law n.34 / 2014 DGR n.554 of 27/04/2021
Safety informationRemember to assess carefully the type of path you are going to take, the places you are going to visit and the current season. Did it rain? Caution! The paths will be much more slippery and therefore you will need to be very careful.
Be sure to tell someone where you are going and how long your hike is supposed to last.
112 is the telephone number for emergencies.
Local authorities and associations in the areas concerned do not assume any legal responsibility for any damage, or accidents, to people and things that may occur along the signposted routes.
RESPECT THE TERRITORY:
- Do not throw on the ground paper towels, cans, glass or plastic bottles, candy wrappers and much less cigarette butts or packs.
- Take your waste with you or wait until you find a litter bin.
- Respect the flora, fauna and crops, do not pick fruit or wild plants; they may have received phytosanitary treatments.
- Report any disorder or abnormal behaviour in the town hall.
Tips and hintsConsorzio Pro Loco Baldo Garda
Via Fontane, 22 - 37010 Pastrengo (VR)
+39 348 4424694 – 347 8883907
If you are travelling by motorway, the closest exit to the centre of Pastrengo is:
Uscita Affi - Lago di Garda Sud | A22 autostrada del Brennero | Brennero-Modena | 7,29 km from the centre
Uscita Sommacampagna | A4 autostrada Serenissima | Torino-Trieste | 10,75 km from the centre
To get to Pastrengo by train the best solution is to use a train with destination or stop at:
Domegliara station| located in Domegliara Sant'Ambrogio di Valpolicella is managed by rfi (600s) and it is 3,50 km far from Pastrengo
Domegliara - S.Ambrogio, 37015 Domegliara VR, Italy
Peschiera del Garda Station| Peschiera del Garda is managed by rfi (600s) and it is 9.81 km far from Pastrengo
Peschiera Del Garda Station, 37019 Peschiera del Garda VR, Italy
Verona Porta Nuova | Verona station is managed by rfi (600s) and it is 16.03 km far from Pastrengo
Verona Porta Nuova, 37138 Verona VR, Italy
At the station you can take buses and shuttle services to get to your destination, so with the train, Pastrengo is connected to all major Italian cities.
ParkingPiazza "Alle Poste", via Gen Carlo Alberto Dalla Chiesa - Pastrengo (Vr)
EquipmentHiking requires suitable clothing and equipment. Even on relatively short and easy walks, it is preferable to be well equipped to avoid unpleasant surprises and to face unexpected events such as a sudden thunderstorm or a power outage: unexpected events are part of the fun as well!
Basic Equipment for City Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Cash and cards
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.