Take your skis on a journey of discovery and experience the beauty of the Dolomites, see the impressive corners of the UNESCO world heritage and enjoy the incomparable winter landscape. Selected stretches are crossed with the SALTO ski shuttle.
On wednesdays and sundays free guided tour by a qualified ski instructor (reservation until eve by calling +39 0474/710375)
Meeting point: 9:35 am at the Ristorante Monte Elmo
Getting thereOn the highway (A22) until exit Brixen-Pustertal, then follow SS49 towards San Candido until Vierschach (Versciaco)
ParkingCar park at valley station Versciaco-Monte Elmo
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSki and snowboard equipment, helmet, ski goggles, sunscreen, warm and weatherproof clothes
Basic Equipment for Circuit Skiing
- Ski Helmet
- 2 pairs of Gloves: lightweight, breathable and windproof for going uphill, regular ski gloves for downhill
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Additional warm jacket
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Lightweight wind- and waterproof ski pants
- 20 to 28 liter rucksack, preferably backcountry type
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.