This variation of the bike path continues from Brunico in the direction of S. Lorenzo|St. Lorenzen to the former Roman road station, Mansio Sebatum. Excavations and a museum offer the opportunity to learn more about the Romans in the Pustertal. The route goes from San Lorenzo to San Vigilio or to San Martin – 23 or 24 km (14.5 or 15 miles).
Arriving from the west: Take the A22 (Autostrada Brennero-Brennerautobahn) to the Bressanone/Val Pusteria-Brixen/Pustertal exit, then continue along the main highway SS49 to Brunico-Bruneck.
Arriving from the east: Take the A10 (Tauern Autobahn) from Austria as far as the Spittal interchange, then continue on the E66 highway to the Lendorf exit. From there, take the B100 past Lienz. The road changes name to the SS49 after the Italian border, then continue on to San Candido|Innichen and Brunico-Bruneck.
Free parking is available at the Stegona|Stegen Piazza Mercato|Marktplatz (behind the train station area in Brunico).
By Public Transportation
Brunico is easily reached by bus or train.
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.