The cycling path of Valle di Ledro unfolds on the valley floor between Lake Ledro and Lake Ampola. It’s a family friendly asphalt track.
Distance 15.6 km
The cycling path runs parallel to the main road through Valle di Ledro. The villages along the way are Pieve, Bezzecca, Tiarno di Sotto and Tiarno di Sopra. Lake Ampola, at the end of the route, is among the few lakes which have been preserved in their natural state to this day. For this reason, it has obtained the status of natural reserve. The pond changes with the seasons. In Spring, when the waterlilies are in bloom, it turns yellow.
There are several picnic areas along the way, notably in Pieve, Bezzecca, in the locality of Santa Lucia and near Lake Ampola.
AuthorApt Valle di Ledro
Update: September 08, 2021
Rest StopMuseo del Laboratorio Farmaceutico Foletto - Pieve
Safety informationPlease note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Further information on www.vallediledro.com
Exit the A22 motorway at Rovereto Sud – Lago di Garda. Follow the SS240 della Val di Ledro to Pieve di Ledro. Further options
ParkingCar park near the tourist office.
32T 634189 5083208
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view