Distance 18.3 km
This cycle route starts in the heart of the village of Monguelfo and heads into the valley along the banks of the Gsieser Bach stream. Stay on the old Gsieser Tal valley road until you come to the hamlet of Oberplanken, where you cross the stream. In the hamlet of Preindl, you should follow the main road for a brief period – but you can return to the bank of the stream once you come to the small Church of Mary of the Visitation. The tour then continues on to San Martino, after which you head uphill to the Talschlusshütte mountain hut in Santa Maddalena. The return journey follows the same route in reverse.
33T 278767 5182377
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view