Please, don't set out the route with fog.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Reach the Grostè cablecar, 1 km north of Madonna di Campiglio along the road SS239.
From Pinzolo: take the tunnel at the entrance of Madonna di Campiglio - avoiding the centre of the village - and go towards Campo Carlo Magno for about 1 km after the exit of the tunnel.
From Dimaro: pass Campo Carlo Magno and, after about 800 meters, reach the Grostè cablecar.
ParkingA big car park (fee required) at the departure of the Grostè cablecar.
Book recommendation by the author
Recommended maps for this region:
Ski mountaineering equipment:
- ski poles+skis+ski mountaineering bindings
- ski mountaineering boots
- suitable equipment
Basic Equipment for Ski Touring
- Ski Helmet
- 2 pairs of Gloves: lightweight, breathable and windproof for going uphill, regular ski gloves for downhill
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Additional warm jacket
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Lightweight wind- and waterproof ski pants
- 20 to 28 liter rucksack, preferably backcountry type
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Ski Touring
- Ski touring boots
- Ski touring bindings to fit boots
- Ski touring skins to fit skis
- Ski poles, preferably telescopic type
- Avalanche safety equipment to consider: beacon, avalanche probe, avalanche shovel
- Ski touring crampons
- Crevasse rescue kit
- Ski touring harness
- Light ice axe
- Ski touring ropes
- Avalanche airbag backpack
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.