Long route, but easy and safe with spectacular view to the Dolomites of Pale di San Martino, Marmolada, Civetta, Pelmo and many more
Departure into the lush Paneveggio forest, inside the Paneveggio - Pale di San Martino Nature Park. As you come out into the first clearing, you can see Malga Bocche (closed in winter) on the left, perched on a ridge. Continuing the ascent, the panorama of numerous Dolomite peaks begins to open up.
Due to the southern exposure, we recommend to choose the tour right after a light snowfall or on transformed snow, in order to enjoy a nice downhill.
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom Predazzo drive on SS 50 direction Passo Rolle. Shortly after location Paneveggio (13,8 km from Predazzo) turn left on SP 81 to Passo Valles. After 4 km you reach the bridge (way mark Malga Juribrutto-Lago Juribrutto).
ParkingSome parking areas along the street
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Normal equipment for ski touring