Although the cliffs of Paganella area are periodically inspected, do not forget that they are still natural walls with free access and therefore subject to agents of various nature - both atmospheric and human - that may damage the rock and the gear present on the wall. For a climbing experience as safe as possible, it is necessary not to abide by the following safety norms:
- always wear a helmet whether while climbing or during a stop at the foot of the cliff
- before starting to climb, double-check your safety equipment reciprocally; climbing harness, quickdraws, knot and brake stand
- do not climbing alone
- stop at the foot of the cliff only for as long as necessary to climb and always pay attention to other climbers on the wall
- always check the gear present on the wall
- make use of adequate securing gear after having learnt the correct use
Anyone who climbs, is aware of the risk inherent in the practice of this activity and accepts it.
Whether you have never practised this activity or even if you simply would like the supervision of expert and comptent specialists, do not hesitat to contact the local Alpin Guide.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hintsTourist Board Dolomiti Paganella
Getting thereMotorway exit Trento nord, then direction Val di Non and Altopiano della Paganella. At the exit of the long tunnel, near the village of Mezzolombardo, we turn right on the SP 64, direction Fai della Paganella - Andalo - Molveno.
ParkingParking places in the town centre, or on the lake.
Book recommendation by the author
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentHelmet, harness, biner.