Thank you for your request
Informationen zu The Talbauer Mountain Inn
The Talbauer Mountain Inn is located on the Merano High Route and is one of the famous Muthöfen mountain huts. Mountain huts date back to medieval times and are famous for their unique location on the steep mountain slopes of Tyrol. Today the Talbauer mountain inn is a well loved for its superb cuisine, warm hospitality and superb excellent attention to detail. Trekking opportunities in this region are numerous and the routes are well signposted. The footpaths will take you to such places as the Nature Park of the Tessa mountain range and along the famous Merano High Route.
Its scenic position and warm atmosphere are what make this mountain inn such a fascinating and relaxing destination. It goes without saying that its excellent cuisine and comfortable accommodation are everything that you would wish for. The Talbauer mountain inn also provides homely family rooms. Our large family rooms are spacious enough for you to feel comfortable. You will start each day of your hiking holiday with a superb breakfast on our terrace. What could be better?
When it comes to food the Talbauer prides itself on its fine cuisine. In fact the Talbauer participates in the “High quality mountain food” scheme. In our kitchens we mainly use ingredients that we grow ourselves or locally sourced and use them to create our exquisite dishes. Most of our guests appreciate this commitment to quality cooking and rave about our wonderful dishes.
At the Talbauer you will also find the Mutkopf restaurant, which is run by the same family. At 1684 m above sea level, ours is the last restaurant on the path leading towards the Cima Muta and offers tasty dishes served on a large sunny terrace.
Selection of the menu
- Bacon dumpling soup, soup with liver dumplings or barley soup
- Noodle soup with or without beef, Goulash soup or consommé with mini profiteroles
- Goulash with dumplings or polenta
- Wiener Schnitzel with French fries
- Speck or cheese dumplings, dumplings with cabbage salad with bacon
- Omelette with cranberry jam or „Kaiserschmarren“
- Fried eggs with speck, roast potatoes or bread
- Platter of mixed South Tyrolean specialties (bacon, cheese, smoked sausage, alpine butter)
- Warm apple strudel or curd strudel with ice cream or cream
- Home – made stewed fruit
- Boiled potatoes with curd-herb-cream, cheese and speck
- Roast lamb with dumplings
Guests of the Talbauer mountain inn will enjoy a fabulous view over the Merano Valley from the terrace.
The Merano High RouteTirolo (Dorf Tirol)
Hike from Tyrol to the famous Muthöfe mountain hutsTirolo (Dorf Tirol)Show details moderate
Tirolo (Dorf Tirol) to Cima del Monte Muta (Mutspitze) PeakTirolo (Dorf Tirol)
To the Mutkopf and Talbauer RestaurantsTirolo (Dorf Tirol)Show details moderate
Tyrolean High-Altitude Trail: OverviewVal di Vizze (Pfitsch)