Thank you for your request
Informationen zu Mutkopf Restaurant
The footpath from the Gasthof Talbauer winds up through the forest leading to the Gasthaus Mutkopf, which is the last refreshment area on route to the famous Mutspitze peak, or further on to the Tessa Mountain Range and up to the lakes of Sopranes. Here, at almost 1,700 m above sea level, the panoramic terrace of the guest house entices hikers to enjoy a well-deserved break and admire the glorious views that stretch over the Adige Valley, the Alpi Sarentine, towards the Ortles in the Val Venosta.
The Gamper family has been running the Gasthof Mutkopf with passion and dedication for over 40 years, always insisting on using the best local ingredients. The vegetable garden provides vegetables and herbs, the meat comes from the mountain hut’s livestock down in the valley, and the speck and sausages are smoked in situ in the traditional way. As a result, food is simple but exceptionally tasty. This includes home-made “Pellkartoffel” potatoes in a cream of aromatic herbs, different types of knodel depending on the season and, of course, soft apple strudel, delicious Kaiserschmarrn, and lovely desserts.
Selection of the menu
- Dumpling soup or consommé with homemade mini profiteroles
- Noodle soup with or without beef
- Barley soup with vegetables and meat
- Cheese and spinach dumpling
- Dumplings on coleslaw with bacon
- Mixed salad with dumplings and bacon strips
- Fried egg with speck, bread or roast potatoes
- Omelette with speck or cranberries
- “Kaiserschmarren” with stewed fruit
- Boiled potatoes served with curd-herb-cream, cheese and speck
- Platter of mixed South Tyrolean specialties (bacon, cheese, smoked sausage, alpine butter)
- Warm apple strudel or curd strudel with vanilla sauce or cream
- Fresh milk
The Gasthaus Mutkopf is located at 1,684 m above sea level on a rocky mountain, and has magnificent views of the valley of Merano.