Thank you for your request
Informationen zu archeoParc Val Senales
The Archeoparc in the Schnals (Senales) Valley opened in 2001 as an archaeological activity museum with a open-air exhibition area of 4,000 square meters (43,000 sq. ft.) Experiencing and understanding prehistory through seeing and touching up close are at the forefront in this structure. In the permanent exhibition, pictures, reconstructions of clothing and equipment, films, dioramas, and a 3-D multimedia show depict the living space and way of life of the “Iceman” 5,300 years ago. The unusual building is modeled on the types of dwellings of the Copper Age in construction, form, and materials and follows the fictitious ascent of the “Iceman” through the Tisen Valley to the Tisenjoch, where he was discovered in 1991. In the open-air exhibition areas, visitors can enter smoky wooden houses with open hearths and experience the activities carried out by the people of that era. In the three replicas of the Copper Age huts, visitors can also actively participate by baking bread, shooting bows and arrows, making pottery, or melting copper. Experimental fields with grain, legumes, flax, vegetables, wild herbs and plants, coppices, and a fish pond provide the basic materials for a life like that of five thousand years ago.
13 April-5 Nov
daily 10–5 pm
Ticket Course 1 (a part of the area)
- €5.00 adults
- €4.00 reduced (children up to 4 accompagned by an adult, young persons (under 18), students (under 27), groups (over 15 person), students, elderly (over 65), handicapped
- €11.00 families (2 adults, 1 child up to 18)
- €14.00 families (2 adults, children up to 18)
Ticket Course 1, 2 and 3 (whole area)
- €12.00 adults
- €10.00 reduced (children up to 4 accompagned by an adult, young persons (under 18), students (under 27), groups (over 15 person), students, elderly (over 65), handicapped
- €27.00 families (2 adults, 1 child up to 18)
- €34.00 families (2 adults, children up to 18)
Special conditions apply with Museumcard, museumobilCard, Euregio Family Pass, Guest Card Merano, Vinschgau Card, Touring Club, etc.
How people lived in the mountains 5300 years ago?
Hike to the Eishof mountain hut in the Val di FosseSenales (Schnals)Show details moderate
Hike to Saxalbersee Lake in Val Senales (Schalstal) ValleySenales (Schnals)
Trek to Cima del DossoSenales (Schnals)Show details moderate
Hohe WildeSenales (Schnals)
Hike to the Mastaunhof Mountain Hut and Mastaunalm Mountain BarnSenales (Schnals)Show details easy
Cima del Similaun High Mountain TrailSenales (Schnals)
To the Mitterkaser in the Val di FosseSenales (Schnals)Show details easy