Through the Alta Pusteria/Hochpustertal Valley to Innichen by bus, train or car. From there follow the signs to Monte Baranci/Haunold. Park the car at the parking of the chairlift.
Thermal Baths Although the use of the thermal springs that source here certainly dates back to Medieval times, the traces of the earliest thermal spa establishment only dates back to the 16th century. In 1856, the sanatorium of Dr. Johann Scheiber was built. The sanatorium was transformed into the Grand Hotel Wildbad at the start of the previous century. In 1939 the imposing building was put for auction and abandoned for a long time. Chapel of San Salvatore at the Thermal Springs in Alta Pusteria This Chapel, regularly inhabited by a religious hermit until 1786, was consecrated in 1594. A small sanctuary had already been in place before this date. The altar most probably dates back to the 8th century. The area was probably even an area of worship from a pre-Christian age. Highest point: 1333 m Accesible only by foot, aproximately 45 minutes from Innichen / San Candido