- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above *By train
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) - 100 Km
- Connection train station - Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it *By air
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich - 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo - 180 / 200 km
- Verona - 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it
The Sassongher mountain, 2665 m high, located on the south-eastern border of the Puez - Geisler nature park, UNESCO World Heritage, is the mountain which most represents the village of Corvara. From its summit you can enjoy a 360 ° view of the Dolomites.
The imposing massif overlooking Corvara is particularly attractive seen from the Campolongo pass.
For some years now, a bench and a large wooden panel with the writing Corvara, have been on the first curves of the pass where there is a particularly beautiful viewpoint.
Locals and tourists love to sit here and admire this Dolomite giant. Of course, many photos and selfies are shot.