Built in 1806, the Telegraph Chappe du Plan de l'Ours is located close to the mills of Pralognan and the Vanoise National Park. In its forest setting, it is the first rehabilitated station in Savoie.
Between 1806 and 1814, it was one of the 33 posts linking Lyon to Turin. Its optical mechanism, associated with a specific vocabulary, allowed the sending of confidential messages by displaying 92 different signals. With its arrowed access, car and coach parking, it is also accessible to people with reduced mobility.
APIDAE tourism data updated on 11/07/2022 by "Haute Maurienne Vanoise Tourisme".
Spotted an error? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: File name: Télégraphe Chappe du Plan de l'Ours | Record identifier: 150264 | URL (link) for this Outdooractive page.