The small castle at the foot of Küchelberg was originally developed by the Archduke Sigismund of Austria as town castle. It was mainly used as a resting facility for short stays.
The Prince's castle deteriorated over time. The demolition of it had been planned. In 1875 the decision was made to rebuild it and give it back its original style. From the ruins of what used to be a castle a museum was built. The castle is made up of a small courtyard, many simple rooms, a chapel with a fresco representing the crucifixion that goes back to year 1631.