On a Rocky hill at the entrance of the Val Martello a fragment of the Medieval times has survived
At the entrance of the Val Martello the Rio Plim brushes over a rocky summit. On the crest the ruins of the Montani castle, protected by a circular wall with swallow-tailed battlements. Count Albert III of Tyrol commissioned the castle in 1228. In 1229 the castle became property of the Montani family that gave it their name. After the Montani dynasty ended the castle became property of the Mohr counts. However the Mohr dynasty suffered the same fate as the Montani and the castle was then passed on to a farmer who sold the castle’s entire assets and abandoned the structure. The song of the Nibelungs was found in the castle and is now held in the Biblioteca Nazionale di Berlino (Berlin National Library) and represents the most valuable document that is held there.