Schloss Neuhaus is an inside tip for cultural interested people.
The history of Neuhaus is very varied: the castle was built between 1241 and 1248 on land given to the Cathedral Chapter of Bamberg by Kunigunde, the wife of King Heinrich II in 1033. The chapter gave the castle to the lords ofTaufers in 1130. In around 1240, the brothers Hugo V and Ulrich II resided in Taufers Castle. To secure their own dominion against that of the lords of "Rodank" (Rodeneck), they erected anew castle (Neuhaus) on the southern boundary of their possessions. This caused an already smouldering conflict between the citizens of Rodank and Taufers to erupt into a bitter feud, in which eventually the lords of Taufers prevailed. The castle passed into the hands of Bauer Ebner in 1817, who opened a public swimming baths in his residence at Neuhaus Castle, which was destroyed by fire in 1924. Today the renovated castle is an eating establishment and popular destination for day trips. The 17th century church that belongs to it (St Mary of the Visitation) is of interest.