The patronage of St George and its design as a two-storey castle chapel point to the high age of this church in Taisten, Val Pusteria.
Positioned in a sunny location above Welsberg. An almost square footprint, an exposed, semicircular apse with stonework stretching right to the roof. The lower part of the church is built in Romanesque style, while the upper part of the walls dates back to 1498 and is characterised by Gothic ribbed vaulting. In the apsidal basin a depiction of the Holy Trinity as a Throne of Mercy, with a slightly elliptic rainbow mandorla and surrounded by evangelists' symbols, has been preserved.