The Oratory of San Massimo, along the Romea Strata, is a 10th-century place of devotion and pilgrimage for people that travel by foot from Austria to Rome,
The rural church is located in a countryside characterised by water springs between the rivers Muson Vecchio and Tergola, among the municipalities of San Martino di Lupari, Villa del Conte and Santa Giustina in Colle. This area is locally known as “Borghetto” and the church dates to the 9th-10th century. Its restoration allowed to understand the process of development over the centuries of the church itself, discovering parts of hidden frescoes. The main aisle is East-West oriented, the main entrance is on the western side; the church appeared for the first time in official documents in 1085. Five centuries after, in 1577, the church underwent a significant change and in 1706 the steeple was built.
Inside the Oratory, there is a modest museum of Lombard traces and Roman materials; the external walls, without plaster, are example of building technique using bricks and pebbles.