The atelier can be visited in the company of a guide, after arrangement with the museum. During opening hours, visits to the atelier are set at 15.00, after meeting in the entrance of the museum.
In the year 1906 Giovanni Giacometti had a barn and stable, dating from late 18th century, refurbished for the use as an atelier. This is located in Stampa, right next to the house where the family lived. Here he taught his son Alberto the techniques of his trade, and the latter used this atelier until his demise in 1966. 20 years later Bruno and Odette Giacometti, as well as Silvio Berthoud made a gift of the building to the Societa culturale di Bregaglia, the proprietor of the museum Ciaesa Granda.
Thus the atelier, a sunlit space, more than four meters in height, is the only surviving atelier where father and son worked during their entire life.
Both have left numerous traces.
Guided tours at 3:00 pm. Advance booking required at the Museum Ciäsa Granda.