Thank you for your request
Informationen zu Matscher Alm Alpine farm
We operate the Matscher Alm Alpine farm as a family business and endeavour to satisfy our guests with regional and homemade specialities.
- On-site vegetable garden, herbal teas from organic cultivation in the Vinschgau valley.
- Milk, yoghurt, cheese, buttermilk & whey are obtained directly from the neighbouring Alpine farm in summer
- Farmer’s breakfast (with Muas Tirgaribl (cornmeal porridge) and Brennsuppe (gruel).
- Desserts such as Schneamilch (a local speciality), strudel and buckwheat cake
- Game specialities – Sheep’s meat and locally sourced beef.
In summertime, visitors can even watch the cows being milked
Excerpt from the menu
- dumpling soup
- noodle soup
- ‘shepherd's macaroni’
- venison sausage with red cabbage and dumplings
- mixed platter, speck platter & cheese platter
- Kaiserschmarren shredded pancake
- homemade cakes and strudel
- Fried egg with speck and roasted potatoes
Game goulash, onion roast or sheep’s meat are only available on weekends or after advance booking.
We rely on regional products and avoid unnecessary waste. Dairy products are sourced directly from the neighbouring Alpine farm in summer.