Alagna Mountain Resort & Spa
Outdooractive Editors Verified partner
49 suites made of typical materials such as wood and stone offer their guests a comfortable accommodation, which can be booked with or without all services of a hotel. The whole Resort is Class A certified and stands for sustainable holidays dedicated to nature, tradition, sports and culture.
After an active day in the Monte Rose Mountain massif guests can relax in the SPA area with an indoor swimming pool, sauna, whirlpools or enjoy a fresh beer at the in-house pub. Meanwhile, the skiing equipment can be deposited in one of the three heated ski-rooms with personal lockers.
Depending on what type of accommodation is booked, the restaurant serves a rich breakfast buffet in the morning and a four courses dinner in the evening. Gluten-free or lactose-free dishes are available at request. The in-house pub - which is opened also for the public - offers quick meals, warm first courses, hamburgers and more, as well as a vast selection of regional, national and international beers.
In addition, your four-legged friends are allowed at the Resort.
LocationThe Alagna Mountain Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Alta Valsesia nature reserve at the foot of the Monte Rosa. The skilifts - just 300 meters from the resort - bring all kinds of ski-lovers up into the huge mountain massif. During summer, the valley around Alagna is the perfect place to start any kind of excursion by foot or by bike. In addition, the river Sesia that flows through the valley presents itself as the perfect destination for water sports such as fishing, canyoning, kayaking and so on.
The nearest train station to Alagna is Romagnano Sesia (56 km).
- from Romagnano continue by bus or taxi
- from Torino or Milano to Varallo change at Novara
- from Simplon or Arona exit directly at Romagnano Sesia
- Direction Milano-Novara-Varallo-Alagna: Bus company- Baranzelli. Tickets are bought on the bus.
- Direction Vercelli-Varallo-Alagna: Bus company – ATAP line 50 connect Alagna with Vercelli. Tickets are bought in Alagna at a Tobacconist, in Varallo tickets can be bought at the bar in the Train and bus station.
- From Milano: take the motorway A4; at the junction with A26 head in the direction of Gravellona Toce and then take the exit marked Romagnano Ghemme. Follow the main road SS299 to Alagna.
- From Torino: take the motorway A4; at the junction with A26 head in the direction Gravellona Toce and then take the exit marked Romagnano Ghemme. Follow the main road SS299 to Alagna.
- From Genova: take the motorway A26 towards Genova Gravellona Toce and then take the exit marked Romagnano Ghemme. Follow the main road SS299 to Alagna.
The closest airports to Alagna are:
- Milano Malpensa Airport 110 km
- Aeroporto Torino Caselle 170 km
- Milano Linate Airport 170 km
The Resort offers its guests a transfer and bus shuttle service to quickly and comfortably reach the closest airports to Alagna.
Alagna Mountain Resort & Spa
13021 Alagna Valsesia
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others