Beim Wandern in Gröden können Sie den Blick schweifen lassen.
Hikes in Val Gardena Dolomites
South Tyrol, Italy
The 10 Most Beautiful hikes in Val Gardena Dolomites
Hikes in the regions around Val Gardena/Gröden
Val Gardena lies in the heart of the Dolomites and is surrounded by famous mountain ranges such as the Sella, Rigais, Sassolungo and Sass. With the three municipalities of Ortisei, Selva Gardena and S. Cristina and the largest alpine pasture area in Europe, the Alpe di Siusi, Val Gardena is the ideal starting point for countless hikes. The hiking trails are well signposted and invite you to take long walks, enjoyable alpine hikes and high alpine mountain tours.
Challenging hiking tours lead up to the imposing Sella Pass or to the Sassolungo, which offer unique views over the impressive landscape of the Dolomites. The mountains amidst the fascinating nature of the Dolomites are an El Dorado for passionate climbers. Nature lovers have the opportunity to experience the unique fauna and flora and to unwind.
The Puez-Odle Nature Park with its impressive natural landscape also invites you to take varied hikes from easy to difficult. The Geisler Group and the Puez Group, both of which extend to the north of the Val Gardena Valley, give the nature park its name. High up, the most beautiful views of the surrounding mountains of the Dolomites await you.
Hikes in the Seceda Mountains
The hike up the Seceda begins in S. Cristina at the valley station of the Col Raiser cable car. The cable car takes you comfortably up to Col Raiser, which is about 500 metres higher in altitude. From here, hiking trails lead across lush green alpine meadows and through sparse forests to the Regensburger Hut. Follow trail no. 1 in the direction of Seceda. After a short ascent, you will pass Iman Lake, which is located directly on the western Geisler peak, the Fermeda.
The hiking trail continues via the Troier Hut on the Seceda Alm up to the mountain station of the Seceda chairlift. Until you reach the summit, you still have to climb a slight hill to enjoy an unforgettable view of the majestic mountains with their snow-covered peaks as well as the entire surrounding regions.
Sights and leisure activities in Val Gardena
In addition to countless hiking tours with different levels of difficulty, Val Gardena offers its visitors a wide range of leisure activities and wellness offers in the immediate vicinity. For those who are interested in culture, there are many historical sights to admire:
- Parish church of St. Christina from the 14th century with a high altar by the Vinazer family of sculptors that is well worth seeing
- Well-preserved grain mills of Pufels in Ortisei from the 18th and 19th centuries
- Carillon at the "Sartëur" house in Selva: 14 valuable bronze bells play a melody twice a day, to which carved medieval figures rotate
- St. Anthony's Church from the 15th century: inside, beautiful glass rosettes from the 19th century and the Romanesque altar by the painter Melchior Paul von Deschwanden are a delight
- Val Gardena Museum of Local History: houses unique sculptures, wooden toys as well as art objects from different eras and paintings by various artists