Hikes around Schenna in South Tyrol
Hikes in Schenna
South Tyrol, Italy
The 10 Most Beautiful hikes in Schenna
Hikes around Schenna
Schenna: Hikes in the Hirzer area
Easy walks for families in Schenna and its surroundings
A walk through the village of Schenna itself is also worthwhile. At the bus stops there are up-to-date signposts and directions for orientation. These provide information on how far away the next route is and which sights and resting places can be found along the hiking trails.
Leisurely hikes on the beautiful meadow path are particularly suitable for getting to know the surroundings of Schenna. The starting point for the hike to St. Georgen is the village center of Schenna. At the mini golf course the road leads up to the "Rodelstein", from where a slightly ascending path branches off to St. Georgen. When you reach this point, continue in the direction of Waalweg. Here you take the left fork, which leads through meadows and fields to Krebishof and Lothhof. Afterwards you walk back to Schenna. The route is about 3.8 kilometers long, the walking time is one hour.
Hiking to Merano
- Botanical Gardens of Merano with 80 different garden worlds and two viewing platforms.
- The Wandelhalle, on the walls of which you can admire works of art from the Belle Epoque period
- The Powder Tower on a mighty rock above the parish church
- The medieval Steinach quarter with the town gate from the 13th century
- The Merano City Museum with a large collection of exhibits from different eras
- Trauttmansdorff Castle, where Empress Sissi once resided
You can reach this hiker's paradise both from Schenna with the large Merano 2000 gondola and from Hafling with the cable car.