Information about cookies
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored by a computer when a user visits a website. The text stores information that the website can read the next time that the user visits the site. Some of these cookies are necessary for the site to function correctly, while others are useful for the visitor because they can securely store information such as the username or language settings. The advantage of having cookies installed on your computer is that there is no need to enter the same information every time you wish to access a previously visited site.
3. What cookies are used?
Sentres uses the following cookies:
- Essential cookies: These cookies are essential for enabling the user to move around the site and to use requested services, such as accessing protected areas of the site. We use this type of cookie to manage users' registration and access stages. Without these cookies the user would not be able to access requested services, and some pages of the SENTRES site would not function correctly. Sentres also uses functionality cookies which allow the site to record visitors’ choices (for example the username, language or country of access) and provide more personalised features.
- Performance cookies: Performance cookies collect information about how our website is used, such as which pages are visited most frequently. These cookies don’t store any identifying information about individual visitors, only aggregated and anonymous data. These data are sent to servers in the USA where they are saved.
- Google Remarketing Cookies, to show users personalised advertisements through the Google Advertising network, based on previously visited sites.
- Social Media Cookies, social plugins are displayed as the buttons on the website that show social network icons (such as Facebook and Twitter) and allow users to access the selected social page from the website with one "click". Social plugins on pages allow the selected social network to collect data relating to the visit. Third party cookies are then installed with these buttons. However, no navigation information or user data obtained is exchanged with these social plugins.
4. How do I disable cookies?
You can change your browser settings to disable cookies in a very simple step. Warning: by disabling cookies, your username and password will no longer be stored in the site login box. Certain website functions will no longer be usable, or will only be usable in a reduced manner. SENTRES refers you to the following site where it explains how to delete and disable cookies: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=it